Data is Today's Business Currency
But how do you manage its complexity?
Your business interacts with more stakeholders in more channels than ever before. The market drives ever-faster product and service updates, while technology changes our lives and the ways in which we do business with unprecedented velocity. These interactions create enormous data sets. Your challenge is to make that data reliable, insightful, timely and actionable.
To help you achieve sustainable results from your data and analytics investments, Khyanafi offers Chief Data Officer Enablement services (led by a former Chief Data Officer and his team) as well as the following:
Data Management & BI Services
We help companies with their Data Management and Business Intelligence needs in the following ways.
- Current State Analysis: We partner with your internal teams to collect relevant information to produce a detailed view of your company’s current data, reporting and analytics footprint. Depending on the engagement, this analysis would include:
- Data creation integration, processing and consumption areas
- An assessment of the teams and functions
- Assessment of existing technology and data repositories
- Identification of transfer points and data risk assessment
- External data sharing
- Control gaps
- Audit related insufficiencies
- Impact assessment for regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Data Discovery: Data discovery is more focused on the reliability, quality and opportunity side of the data. While current state analysis is usually more comprehensive, data discovery is for:
- Establishing linkages among a set of data
- Analyzing the quality and identifying opportunities for improving quality
- Finding out extended use of the data set for standardization or consolidation purposes (as in repository migration or pre-analysis before a legacy platform shutdown)
- Business Data Strategy: We help build a comprehensive data strategy from information gathered through interviews, discussions and an assessment of your existing situation. The output will help your company to understand opportunities for positioning data as a competitive differentiator.
In our experience, how you are going to achieve your immediate and mid-term goals (12 - 24 months) is more critical than a long-term plan. Building the roadmap and project pipeline must be done along with defining the strategy to ensure that the strategy is practical and will yield results.
- Information & Solution Architecture: The agile approach to data management requires a broader approach to address system, process and people integration. Khyanafi's comprehensive view will ensure that your information architecture and solution approach addresses your business strategy and does not get lost in the need for speed. As new systems are onboarded or large initiatives evolve, we can help with the impact assessment and provide guidance on architecture options that will grow with your needs for expansion.
- Information Life-cycle Management (ILM): ILM is your primary tool for managing a number of risk, regulatory and compliance mandates. Khyanafi helps with the business aspects of data protection, privacy, access monitoring and control, retention needs, data sharing, customer data handling, and process definition. We also define ILM management policy as part of our CDO enablement offering.
- Process Governance & Controls: Our expertise in process improvement and data risk management gives visibility into potential controls gaps risk exposure. We create process efficiency and enhance controls by eliminating wasteful data hops and inconsistent transformations. In addition, we define governance processes for change management, impact assessment, data enrichment, extraction limits, and insert adequate reconciliation and validation points.
- MIS / Reporting / Analytics: Many organizations lack confidence and trust in critical reports such as those used for external reporting, regulatory, investor, legal and compliance groups. It is not enough to govern the data alone; true analytics requires governing the reporting processes and the applications that produce them. We use a six-step process for report rationalization that includes complete inventory, tagging, segmentation, analysis and rationalization in order to ensure shared information consistency through proper metrics and report governance for the most important reports, such as those used for policy decisions, business strategy formulation, performance, risk and financial reporting. The result is enhanced confidence and trust from the board, management, regulators and the business leaders.
Big Data & Advanced Analytics
When it comes to Big Data and Advanced Analytics we understand that every company is in a different state. The technology landscape in this area is still continuing to evolve and there are some hard and painful lessons learned from several large initiatives. The statement, ‘crawl, walk, run’ is well applicable here.
Nonetheless, like any large, complex initiative, your big data and advanced analytics strategy needs executive support at the highest level and a set of valid, realistic use-cases that create measurable business value.
Our Big Data & Advanced Analytics Services Include:
- Business Case Formulation
- Strategy Development
- Proof-of-Concept Build
- Champion Engagement for Use and Roll-Out
- Project Portfolio Definition
Our analytics engagement options includes predictive and social media analytics, operations analytics, customer analytics and performance consulting. We work with a few talented boutique firms in this area, and will be able to bring the right talent for your engagement needs.
Process, Tools & Technology Enablement
The tools and technology space is ever-changing. Khyanafi focuses on leading tools that cater to the CDO-related functions around data governance, stewardship, reference data, metadata, lineage, and analytics.
We primarily support the following:
- Collibra - Data Governance Center
- Manta - Metadata and Lineage
- Metadex - Metadata and Lineage
- IBM - InfoSphere Information Governance Catalog (IGC)
- Informatica - Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) & Informatica Metadata Manager (IMM)
Our Technology Enablement Services Include:
- Needs assessment and tool selection
- Installation and configuration
- Strategy for setting up for your unique organizational needs
- Definition of operating processes, governance, RACI and integration with other corporate processes
- User engagement, on-boarding, and training